Tender for 30 pct of Athens Airport by March

The government will have to proclaim a tender for the sale of 30 percent of Athens International Airport by March, according to the draft supplementary memorandum of understanding that the creditors have submitted to Athens to close the second bailout review.

The state will therefore reduce its holding in the share capital of AIA from 55 percent today to 25 percent, while the private sector will own the remaining 75 percent.

The shareholders of the airport today are the state (25 percent), state sell-off fund TAIPED (30 percent), AviAlliance GmbH (26.7 percent) and AviAlliance Capital GmbH (13.3 percent) - which both belong to the Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSP Investments) of Canada - and the Dimitris Copelouzos family (5 percent).

Some sources say that the remaining 25 percent belonging to the state will be transferred to the new Hellenic Holdings...

Continue reading on: