Cyprus FA resumes second division with warning to clubs
The second tier of Cyprus soccer will resume on April 19 after a week-long suspension prompted by match-fixing suspicions, the island's soccer governing body said, giving teams a warning of points deductions and financial penalties in future.
The Cyprus Football Association (CFA) received a number of warning letters from the European game's ruling body UEFA concerning second division fixtures in early April, and announced a suspension on April 9.
Four unspecified matches are being investigated by the police.
The CFA said teams who had played in a game whose result had been found to be suspect by UEFA would not receive their allotted 60,000 euro (£52,073) season funding from the CFA.
There would be further points deduction and fines if a team participated in two suspect matches or more, with a five-year ban for clubs subject to inquiries for five fixtures.