Bulgaria: "We Continue the Change" did not accept GERB's offer - they remain Opposition
The co-chairman of "We Continue the Change" Asen Vassilev rejected the offer of GERB's leader Boyko Borissov for the formation of a Euro-Atlantic government with clear priorities.
"We remain a constructive opposition to GERB. We will not join a coalition of theft," he announced at a press conference in BTA.
"From here on, the mandate holder has the opportunity and the right to form a cabinet, just as we, as the winners of last year's elections, made a very difficult and complex coalition," he explained.
According to Vassilev, the most important thing for Bulgaria at the moment is to have a stable government.
"We will be a constructive opposition, we will not prevent the formation of a cabinet. We have constructive policies, which we hope will be proposed and voted on in the parliament," declared the other co-chairman of WCC Kiril Petkov.
He was categorical that after their decision not to enter into a coalition with GERB, this will not split their party and the deputies.
According to him, the most important thing for the Bulgarians right now is how they will get through the coming winter.
Kiril Petkov also listed the policies behind which they stand, these are:
- Law on the anti-corruption commission with investigative functions;
- Mechanism for the investigation of the chief prosecutor by a Bulgarian judge;
- The minimum wage should be 50% of the average wage as of January 1, 2023, which currently equals BGN 860;
- 20% increase in pensions so that they outpace inflation;
- New definition of energy poor;
- Two tariffs for electricity, water and heating based on consumption;
- Raising the tax credit for families with children to 50%;
- Log in to post comments