Day 448 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Ukrainian Intelligence had secret Negotiations with Alexander Lukashenko?
Day 448 of the invasion of Ukraine. Summary of key events in the last 24 hours:
- Ukrainian intelligence had secret negotiations with Alexander Lukashenko
- Finland said its embassy's bank accounts in Russia had been frozen since April
- Russian strikes against Kyiv damaged US-provided Patriot system
- Russian missile strikes on civilian infrastructure in southern Ukraine
- Zelensky thanked all countries and leaders who helped Ukraine improve its air defense
- ISW: Russia sends troops to defend Bakhmut, but AFU may surprise them elsewhere
- China to Foreign Missions: Remove Ukrainian Flags
Ukrainian intelligence had secret negotiations with Alexander Lukashenko
Ukrainian intelligence has held secret talks with authoritarian Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko about Belarus not participating in direct military action against Kyiv. After a series of speculations on this topic, the news was personally confirmed by the head of intelligence of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine (MoD) General Kyrylo Budanov.
"We have not observed Russian shelling from the territory of Belarus for a long time. This is the result of the overall activity of various entities in our country," said Budanov during a conversation within the framework of the "Different People" media project, quoted by "Ukrainska Pravda".
"We have already established contacts with Lukashenko, using all available means and opportunities for this purpose. We activated these activities after the escape of Russian troops from...