Day 449 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Ninth Russian attack on Kyiv since the beginning of May
Day 449 of the invasion of Ukraine. Summary of key events in the last 24 hours:
- Ukraine said it had destroyed 29 of 30 missiles from successive Russian strikes
- Russia's nuclear energy and diamond trade will not be included in the 11th package of EU sanctions
- Air alert across Ukraine due to new Russian attacks
- One killed in a Russian missile strike on Odesa, missiles downed over Kyiv
- Beijing: China and Ukraine must work together and maintain cooperation
- Europe has created a Register of Damages in Ukraine
- A former commander from "Wagner", who sought asylum in Norway, wants to return to Russia
- A Russian regional governor reports that two were injured in a Ukrainian attack on a populated place in the Kursk region
- A Ukrainian was given a life sentence for aiding Russia
- "New York Times": US bans training of Ukrainian F-16 pilots in Europe
Ukraine said it had destroyed 29 of 30 missiles from successive Russian strikes
Ukraine said its air defenses had destroyed 29 of a total of 30 missiles in a series of massive Russian strikes. There was an air alert throughout the country.
The Ukrainian military announced explosions in the capital in the morning and that citizens should not leave bomb shelters. They reminded that debris from downed missiles also poses a threat. Fires broke out during the ninth airstrike on Kyiv since the beginning of the month. In addition to 29 out of 30 Russian missiles, four drones were also destroyed.
The military also claimed to...