Day 561 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West condemned the Massacre in Kostiantynivka, New Aid Package from the US
Day 561 of the invasion of Ukraine. Summary of key events in the last 24 hours:
- The West condemned the Russian attack in eastern Ukraine that left 17 dead
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine advance south of Bakhmut
- The Pentagon will give Ukraine depleted uranium ammunition. Zelensky arranged a new package of military aid from Denmark
- Kyiv reports strikes in Izmail region, Russia - downed drones near Moscow
- Romania has confirmed that debris, possibly from a Russian drone, has fallen on its territory
The West condemned the Russian attack in eastern Ukraine that left 17 dead
Western representatives have strongly condemned the Russian attack in eastern Ukraine that killed 17 people. The attack coincided with the visit of the first US diplomat, Antony Blinken, to Kyiv. Washington will provide Ukraine with additional military aid for 1 billion dollars.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky stressed that his country remains categorically opposed to any additional restrictions on grain exports.
The EU described the attack on the Kostiantynivka market in the Donetsk region as a barbaric attack carried out by Russia. According to German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock, the strike in Kostiantynivka was a crime against humanity. The White House also condemned the brutal Russian attacks on Ukraine and stressed the need to support Ukraine in defending its territory.
During his visit to Kyiv yesterday, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken announced that Washington will provide Ukraine with additional military aid in the amount of over 1 billion dollars. Included in the package is 665...