Day 642 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Winter Storms Hit Crimea and the Rest of Ukraine
Day 642 of the invasion of Ukraine. Summary of key events in the last 24 hours:
- ISW: The Russian occupiers have taken over part of the Avdiivka industrial zone
- Moscow has been activating 'sleeper' cells in Ukraine for the past 2 months
- According to Stoltenberg, Russia is facilitating the arrival of migrants at the border with Finland
- Sergey Lavrov can travel to EU countries or North Macedonia
- Russia's losses in Ukraine this month could be 1,000 a day, according to London
- The winter situation in the Ukrainian capital Kyiv is worsening
- A storm with hurricane gusts hit Crimea
- "Armoury of the free world": minister asked Ukraine to mainly export weapons after the war
- Ukraine receives 230 billion euros from seized Russian property in the EU?
- Turkey has increased exports of goods needed by Russia for the war in Ukraine
ISW: The Russian occupiers have taken over part of the Avdiivka industrial zone
The Russian occupiers advanced to the northwest and southeast of Avdiivka.
This is according to a new report by the Institute for the Study of War (ISW). It noted that geolocation footage showed them advancing slightly northwest of Krasnogorovka, 7 km from Avdiivka, and in the eastern part of the industrial zone on the southeastern outskirts of the city.
Geolocated video shows Russian armored vehicles attacking VSU positions in the northern part of the industrial zone on the southeastern outskirts of Avdiivka. Analysts note that Russian propagandists are...