Montenegro

42.5118538462
19.0782457265

Nearly 800,000 infected

The highest number of infected people in the United States amounts to 164.253, with a total of 3.167 deceased so far.
Italy follows with 101.739 cases of infected with COVID-19, and in that country, mostly in the north, 11.591 persons died, while 14.620 recovered.

Concern for Rights in Montenegro amid COVID-19 Fight

The country, which has been run by the same party for the past three decades, has a long record of restricting human rights and violating data privacy rights.

Activists fear the government will exploit the COVID-19 pandemic to clamp down further. The government says its overriding priority is to protect the lives and health of Montenegrin citizens.

Montenegro Places First Town under Total Quarantine

Empty streets in Tuzi. Photo: BIRN/Samir Kajosevic

Government vice-president Milutin Simovic told locals on Tuesday night that they would have to remain at home until further notice. "Without exception, all citizens of Tuzi must be at their homes. We are beginning a battle for this town and for all of Montenegro," Simovic told a press conference.

Europe’s Other Coronavirus Victim: Information and Data Rights

In the semi-democracies of the region, as lives moved from the public to the digital sphere, many freedoms were likewise suspended, while the burden of responsibility for violations fell on citizens as government imposed restrictions that in many cases flouted normal standards of human rights.

The first coronavirus victim in Montenegro, visited Serbia in early March

He is the first victim of the COVID-19 virus in the country, said KC CG director Jevto Erakovic, CdM's Podgorica portal reports.
The man, who was from Herceg Novi, was admitted to the Clinical Center for Chronic Lung Disease on Saturday night after midnight, reports Podgorica's Vijesti portal.

Turkish Airlines halting all int’l flights except 5 routes

Turkish Airlines will ground all international flights except five routes from March 27 to April 17, the national flag carrier announced on March 22.

"As of March 27, we will suspend all our international flights except Hong Kong, Moscow, Addis Ababa, New York, and Washington, until April 17," the company's CEO Bilal Ekşi said on Twitter.

Pages