Latest News from Albania
Students at the Automatics and Computers Faculty of the Politechnica University of Bucharest gained four medals, one gold and three silver, at SEEMOUS - a maths competition for Southeast Europe, with international participation, which took place between March 3 and 8 in Greece, in Thessaloniki.
Albania, Bulgaria and Moldova registered their first cases of the coronavirus at the weekend as the illness continues to expand its reach in the Balkans and worldwide.
The Albanian Ministry of Health on Sunday said the two cases had arrived from Italy, were in a stable condition and have been placed in care.
Reka said Serbia was offered a major compromise, he said, and that is the access to Durres port in Albania via Kosovo, without explaining the proposal in more detail.
He said that Serbia is blocked and does not have access to the sea because it is blocked from Montenegro, and it cannot access it through Northern Macedonia either, Kosovo online reports.
Nik Gjeloshaj Photo: Courtesy of Nik Gjeljoshaj
The territory claimed by both Tuzi and Podgorica includes the largest waste landfill site in Montenegro, a livestock market and part of the vineyards belonging to Plantaze, the largest wine company in Montenegro.
Representatives of Tuzi believe that their municipality should collect taxes from these businesses.
Ulcinj. Photo: Municipality of Ulcinj
All political parties in the local assembly in Ulcinj have demanded an urgent meeting with the government after the Health Minister Kenan Hrapovic said that if cases start to occur, quarantine facilities will be opened at the former military base in Zoganje near Ulcinj and in the Danilovgrad and Niksic municipalities.
Serbia has no confirmed cases of coronavirus yet, but on Tuesday a WhatsApp voice message began doing the rounds on social media claiming several people had already died from the virus in the capital, Belgrade.
"Doctors are strictly forbidden to talk about the virus," the woman is heard saying on the message, which was published on several Serbian news portals.
Protesters clashing with Albanian police on 24 July 2019 at the gates of the National Theatre. Photo: Gent Shkullaku.LSA
The announcement by Rama of the initiative on March 2018 was followed by two years of regular protests over the fate of the country's cultural heritage, political cronyism and concerns about the over-development of the centre of Tirana.