Latest News from Montenegro
Since December last year, when Montenegro adopted its controversial law regulating freedom of religion, the country has been caught up in an ongoing crisis that has sparked street protests and caused serious tensions between the Serbian Orthodox Church in Montenegro and its supporters on one side and the ruling Democratic Party of Socialists led by President Milo Djukanovic on the other.
Previously, the Government of Montenegro made a decision to open the borders of its country for as many as nine countries, excluding Serbia.
The explanation of this decision, which "Blic" had an insight into, states that as the stated measure is still in force, the citizens of Serbia have been prevented from entering Montenegro.
Last night, Montenegro became the second country in Europe to officially report they are free of active COVID-19 cases.
Montenegro has now joined the Faroe Islands the only two European countries to have zero active cases of the coronavirus.
The government of Montenegro made the announcement publicly last night on their official Twitter account.
At the press conference in Podgorica, Markovic said that the criterion would be at least 25 patients per 100.000 inhabitants, RT CG reports.
He announced that Montenegro would open its borders with Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Germany, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Albania and Greece on June 1st.
"Imagine when somebody takes away your father or husband, in front of your eyes and takes him to his death," said Bosno. "After many years, we buried several of his bones, which were found somewhere around Belgrade."
The family had moved to Montenegro from Srebrenica in Bosnia precisely to avoid any involvement in the war, explained Bosno, who now lives in Sweden.
The government of Bulgaria approved the granting of EUR 112,000 of financial assistance to the countries of the Western Balkans and Vietnam.
The money is for coping with the consequences of Covid-19 and will be used for the implementation of 6 projects in fulfillment of the Team Europe initiative - the global EU response to Covid-19.
Foreign Affairs Minister Bogdan Aurescu participated on Tuesday in the regional videoconference at ministerial level on the topic of managing the social-economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, in which context he voiced support for the adoption, at European level, in the next period, of documents representing the negotiation frameworks with Albania and the Republic of North Macedonia, follow