Lawyers for Mustafa Djelilovic, Fadil Covic, Mirsad Sabic, Nezir Kazic, Becir Hujic, Halid Covic, Serif Mesanovic and Nermin Kalember appealed at the Bosnian state court on Thursday against their convictions for crimes against Serb and Croat civilians illegally detained at the Silos camp, the Krupa barracks and the 9th of May elementary school in the Hadzici municipality.
Prosecutor Marijana Cobovic told the appeals chamber of the Bosnian state court in Sarajevo on Wednesday that it had been proved during the retrial that Samir Kesmer and Mirsad Menzilovic raped an underage girl in Sarajevo in May 1993.
"The injured party said at the main trial that she had been raped multiple times by the defendants," Cobovic said.
From January to May this year, the Bosnian state prosecution filed just four indictments for war crimes, two fewer than in the same period in 2018.
The apparent slowdown has sparked concerns that this may cause further delays in attempts to deal with the country's enormous backlog of war crimes cases.
A hilltop site in Sarajevo's Sedrenik neighbourhood from which Bosnian Serb forces fired on the city during the wartime siege has been turned into a forest park which opened to the public on Friday.
The project was funded by Turkish General Directorate of Forestry and supported by other Turkish institutions and Sarajevo's Stari Grad municipality, in which the new park is located.
The Constitutional Court on Tuesday rejected Nihad Bojadzic's appeal against verdicts under which he was sentenced to a total of 15 years in prison for crimes committed in 1993 during the war in Jablanica and in the village of Trusina, near Konjic.
The Constitutional Court described Bojadzic's appeal as "unfounded".
The third-instance chamber of the Bosnian state court on Friday sentenced Muhamed Sisic to ten years in prison and Tarik Sisic and Aziz Susa to eight years each for wartime crimes in the village of Kukavice in the Rogatica municipality in August 1992.
The attack on Kukavice by Bosnian Army troops saw 21 Serb civilians killed, including two children, and 39 wounded.
Defence lawyers for Ivan Kraljevic, Mato Jelcic, Stojan Odak, Vice Bebek and Vinko Radisic, who all were found guilty of mistreating Bosniak civilian detainees at a military investigative prison in Ljubuski between April 1993 and March 1994, began an appeal against their convictions at the Bosnian state court on Tuesday.