Bosnian Serb Army

Bosnian Prosecutor Requests Maximum Sentence in Srebrenica Trial

Presenting its closing statement to the Bosnian state court on Friday, the prosecution said it had proved during the trial that Momcilo Tesic, a former military policeman with the Bosnian Serb Army's Vlasenica Brigade, is guilty of participating in the murders of 21 Bosniak men from Srebrenica in July 1995.

Bosnian Serb Ex-Policemen’s Srebrenica Genocide Acquittal Upheld

The Bosnian state court has rejected a prosecution appeal confirmed a verdict acquitting Miodrag Josipovic, Branimir Tesic, Dragomir Vasic, Danilo Zoljic and Radomir Pantic of participation in the partial extermination of Bosniaks from Srebrenica in July 1995, the men's lawyers told BIRN.

Conviction Challenged in ‘Sarajevo Romeo and Juliet’ Case

The defence lawyer for Veljko Papic, the wartime commander of the Third Company of the Bosnian Serb Army's Sarajevo-Romanija Corps' First Battalion, told BIRN that an appeal has been filed against the verdict jailing him for two years for crimes against the civilian population in Sarajevo in 1993 and 1994.

The prosecution has also appealed, asking for a longer sentence.

Bosnia Upholds Verdict Acquitting Ex-Fighters of Serbs’ Killings

The Bosnian state court said on Thursday that a prosecution appeal against the verdict acquitting former fighters Edhem Godinjak, Medaris Saric and Mirko Bunoza, who had been accused of war crimes against civilians and prisoners of war, has been rejected as "unfounded".

Nationalists to Show Film Praising Serb Forces on Srebrenica Anniversary

Nationalist organisation Eastern Alternative said it will screen a film about the "liberation of Srebrenica" by Bosnian Serb forces in July 1995, a documentary including a speech by war criminal Ratko Mladic, in Srebrenica on July 11, the same day as the 27th anniversary of the genocide of Bosniaks will be commemorated nearby.

Start of Bosnian Serb General’s Trial Postponed in Serbia

The first hearing in the trial of wartime Bosnian Serb Army Drina Corps commander Milenko Zivanovic, accused of crimes against Bosniaks from Srebrenica in 1995, was postponed by Belgrade Higher Court on Monday so Serbian officials can consider the offer of a formal transfer of the case from Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Pages