Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina

Bosnian Court Increases Sentence for Bosanski Brod Crimes

The Appeals Chamber of the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina has increased the prison sentence handed down against Alminko Islamovic to three years from 14 months for the inhumane treatment of Serb civilians and for depriving them of their property in the northern Bosanski Brod area during the 1992-95 war.

Bosnia Court Confirms Six-Year Sentence for Rogatica Crimes

The Appeals Chamber of the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina has confirmed a verdict under which Bosnian Serb former soldier Zdravko Lubarda was sentenced to six years for participation in the persecution of Bosniak civilians in the eastern Rogatica area and former police reservist Ozren Planojevic was acquitted.

Survivors, Relatives to Mark Notorious Bosnia Massacre Anniversary

Family members and representatives of the Association of Detainees in Bosnia and Herzegovina will mark the 27th anniversary on Wednesday of the murder of some 200 unarmed Bosniak and Croat men by Bosnian Serb police at Mount Vlasic in the first few months of the country's 1992-95 war.

Bosniaks’ Convictions for Detention Camp Abuses Quashed

The appeals chamber of the Bosnian state court has upheld an appeal by Mustafa Djelilovic and Halid Covic against their convictions for crimes against Serb and Croat civilians illegally detained at the Silos camp, the Krupa barracks and the 9th of May elementary school in the Hadzici municipality.

Their verdicts have been quashed and a new trial ordered.

Bosnian Arrested in Germany Over Paris Terrorist Attacks

German authorities in Dresden on Thursday said they had arrested an unnamed 39-year-old Bosnian in connection with the Islamist terrorist attacks in Paris in 2015 that killed 130 people.

Bosnian media have, however, named the suspect as Adis Abaz, from the Bosnian town of Zenica, who in 2011 was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in jail for smuggling drugs and military equipment.

Bosnia Appeals Court Confirms Kladanj Acquittal

The Appeals Chamber of the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina has confirmed a first-instance verdict, acquitting seven persons of charges for war crimes in the Kladanj area between May 1992 and July 1993.

Safet Mujcinovic, Selman Busnov, Nusret Muhic, Zijad Hamzic, Ramiz Halilovic, Nedzad Hodzic and Osman Gogic were all acquitted.

Bosnian Court Confirms Ex-Soldier’s Sexual Slavery Conviction

Milan Todovic (left) in court with his lawyer. Photo courtesy of the Bosnian Court.

The Appeals Chamber of the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina on Friday confirmed the December 2018 verdict, which found former Bosnian Serb soldier Milan Todovic guilty of raping a Bosniak woman in the eastern Bosnian town of Foca during the 1992-5 war and holding her in sexual captivity.

Sickness Delays Justice in Bosnian War Crimes Trials

But their trial remains on hold due to Djuric's sickness.

Nedim Salaharevic, who saw his brother, Edin, being killed in Vlasenica, told BIRN that he had been waiting for justice for years.

"This is yet another blow to victims … Djuric and Kraljevic were rulers of life and death in Vlasenica. I saw it with my own eyes, I watched them kill my brother, Edin," he said.

Pages