President Klaus Iohannis stated, on Wednesday, that it is "absolutely necessary" for everyone to respect the legislation in the context of the novel coronavirus epidemic.
Several trade union organizations have requested on Tuesday that the authorities adopt a series of measures to overcome the social crisis, of which the first is to ensure a universal minimum income for all adult citizens, according to the release sent by the unions.
Payments for furlough, worth 300 million euro, as well as for medical equipment worth a total of 350 million euro will be reimbursed from European funds, said, on Monday, at the start of the government session, the Minister of European Funds, Marcel Bolos.
The National Agency for Employment (ANOFM) is prepared to pay furlough indemnities for up to 1 million persons, said the president of the institution, Victor Picu, in an interview for AGERPRES.
The eighth death caused by the coronavirus was recorded on Tuesday morning in Romania, the Strategic Communication Group (GCS) informs. According to the GCS, the death is of a man aged 70, admitted to the Clinical Infectious Disease Hospital in Craiova, confirmed positive on March 19. The patient arrived on March 7 from Italy with his daughter, who is currently in self-isolation.
The interim chair of the Social Democratic Party (PSD), Marcel Ciolacu, stated on Monday evening, at public broadcaster TVR1, that Tuesday in the Standing Bureau of the Chamber of Deputies the proposals for "suspension of credit payments" and the "capping of prices for drugs and food" will be discussed, in order to be sent to the Senate, as the first notified chamber.
The plan of measures announced by the Government seems to be made to save banks or multinationals, certainly not Romanian companies, especially SMEs, or the population, the Confederation of Authorized Operators and Transporters of Romania (COTAR) representatives said, in a release, sent, on Monday, to AGERPRES.
Approximately 4,800 persons with 2,700 vehicles entered Romania through the Nadlac II Border Crossing Point (PTF Nadlac II), in the past 24 hours, the total number of people crossing Hungary since the opening of the green corridor reaching 17,000 persons who had been blocked in Austria.
A number of 277 persons have tested positive for with the novel coronavirus so far, the Strategic Communication Group (GCS) informed on Thursday. Of them, 25 were declared cured and discharged, 16 in Timisoara, 8 in Bucharest, one in Iasi.
The activity of the Otopeni Airport and of air traffic controllers is not affected, in the context in which a TAROM pilot was confirmed to have coronavirus, informs the Strategic Communication Group (GCS).