Bosnian Genocide

Bosnian Serb Ex-Official Blames Army Officer for Massacre

Tomislav Kovac, who was deputy interior minister in the Serb-dominated Republika Srpska entity in July 1995, when the Kravica massacre happened, told Belgrade Higher Court on Tuesday that Ljubisa Beara, who at the time was the security chief of the Main Headquarters of the Bosnian Serb Army, was to blame for the killings.

Bosnian Army Ex-Commander Proclaims Innocence, Urges Acquittal

Ahmet Sejdic told the Bosnian state court in Sarajevo on Friday that he was innocent, as his defence called for his acquittal on all charges in the indictment accusing him of the inhumane treatment of Serb civilians and prisoners of war in the period between July 1992 and February 1993.

Bosnian Prosecution’s Slowdown on War Indictments Causes Concern

From January to May this year, the Bosnian state prosecution filed just four indictments for war crimes, two fewer than in the same period in 2018.

The apparent slowdown has sparked concerns that this may cause further delays in attempts to deal with the country's enormous backlog of war crimes cases.

Bosnian Serb Soldier Seeks Acquittal of Bosniak Relatives’ Killings

In closing arguments at the Bosnian state court on Monday, Sretko Pavic's defence lawyer said that the defendant should be acquitted of taking five Bosniak civilians to a checkpoint in Rizvanovici in the Prijedor area in the second half of June 1992, detaining them and then killing them.

Prijedor Murders Trial: Bosnian Serb Soldiers Ask For Acquittal

In closing arguments at the Bosnian state court on Monday, Boro Milojica's lawyer said it had been proved that his client was not guilty of crimes against humanity in the Prijedor area in 1992. 

Lawyer Ranko Dakic said the testimonies given by key witnesses were illogical and unconvincing.

Pages