A 32-year-old foreign national was arrested on Friday in connection to the murder of his former wife in the Athenian district of Kallithea earlier this week and is expected to appear before a prosecutor later in the day.
The 29-year-old victim, identified as a Georgian national, was found dead in her apartment on May 13. The forensic report concluded she was strangled to death.
A 35-year-old Cypriot man who is facing seven counts of murder and a rape charge is expected to appear in court on Monday, as police are still searching for two more of his victims.
A crucial autopsy on Monday is expected to show the cause of death of one of Nikos Metaxas' alleged victims, eight-year-old Romanian national Elena Natalia Bunea.
The pistols were found in a plastic bag. The 69-year-old local came across them while he was collecting empty plastic bottles from the dumpster, reports said quoting unofficial sources.
The police said that they investigated the scene, and that the pistols have been sent to a forensic center in Zagreb.
In the last 20 years, governments in the Western Balkans have been able to account for more than 70 per cent of the 40,000 people who were missing at the end of the conflicts in the former Yugoslavia. Almost 28,000 have been accounted for, which is an unprecedented achievement following a large-scale conflict anywhere in the world.
A forensic examination of the body of a 4-month-old baby which died on February 21 in the town of Tyrnavos, central Greece, attributed the infant's death to a respiratory infection, the state-run Athens-Macedonian News Agency reported.
Coroners ran tests on tissue samples and blood samples were sent to the National Meningitis Center to determine the cause of death.