BELGRADE - The head of the Serbian government Office for Kosovo-Metohija Petar Petkovic demanded on Tuesday that the international community urgently release two protesters arrested in Zvecan on Monday.
In a statement, Petkovic said Dusan Obrenovic and Rados Petrovic had been protesting peacefully without committing any offence.
"It's not an appeal, but a necessity," Rama wrote on Twitter last night.
He added that he considers the "blind aggressors" directly responsible for the injuries of the KFOR soldiers.
"Unfortunately, this harms Kosovo in the eyes of its irreplaceable allies and friends. The longer this dangerous and unnecessary conflict lasts, the more it harms Kosovo," said Rama.
ZVECAN - The situation in Zvecan was calm on Tuesday morning and Kfor troops are still deployed outside the local municipal building following Monday's clashes between Kfor and Serb protesters, a Tanjug reporter on the ground said.
The main street of the town is blocked and Kfor troops are now deployed around a much wider area surrounding the building and along streets.
Türkiye, on May 29, called on all parties in northern Kosovo to return to dialogue and a sense of calm, as clashes between NATO troops and ethnic Serbs intensify.
"We follow the events in the north of Kosovo with concern. These events harm regional security and stability," the Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
ZVECAN - Many people were injured in Monday's clashes between Kfor troops and Serb protesters in Zvecan, a Serb-majority municipality in northern Kosovo-Metohija, a Tanjug reporter on the ground said.
One of the protesters was shot and wounded with an AK-47 rifle and subsequently hospitalised with an exit wound.