Northwestern Syria offensive

Defense chief says talks with Russian delegation ‘positive’

Talks between Turkey and Russia on the implementation of a ceasefire agreement in Syria's northwestern Idlib region are "positive and constructive," Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar has said.

"Our activities continue within the context of the [ceasefire] agreement. The situation has been calm," Akar told reporters in parliament.

Turkey sees no violations of ceasefire in Syria's Idlib

Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar said there had been no violations of the ceasefire in Syria's Idlib, as part of the agreement with Russia.

"We will continue to be a deterrent force to prevent any violation to the ceasefire. None occurred since ceasefire entered into force," Akar said in Turkey's southern Hatay province, bordering Syria.

Two Turkish troops killed, six others wounded in Idlib

The Assad regime attacks killed two Turkish soldiers and wounded six others in Idlib, said the National Defense Ministry on March 4.

"We wish Allah's mercy on our martyrs, and condolences to their families. We also share our condolences with the entire Turkish nation, and wish a quick recovery for our wounded personnel," it said.

Russia-Turkey agreement dead?

This was stated by the official representative of the Russian Ministry of Defense, Major General Igor Konashenkov, Sputnik reports.
According to him, the situation in the Idlib security zone, where the Syrian army has pushed terrorists of the Hayat Tahrir Ash Sham group to a safe distance from Aleppo after attacking its positions, "represents another moment of truth."

Turkish soldier killed in northwestern Syria

A Turkish soldier was killed in an attack by forces of the Bashar al-Assad regime in Idlib province, northwestern Syria, the Defense Ministry said on March 2.

The ministry announced in a tweet that Turkish soldiers who had been sent as reinforcements to Idlib to prevent conflicts had come under artillery fire from regime forces.

Pages