Two new cases of West Nile fever in Bulgaria. The infection was confirmed after research by the Centre for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases.
The patients are a 2-year-old child from Burgas and a 64-year-old man from Montana. They have inflammation of the brain.
With the new patients, there are already four cases of West Nile fever in Bulgaria.
A 75-year-old man from Huddersfield is the latest Briton to die of a suspected outbreak of Legionnaires disease linked to a Bulgarian three-star resort, reports Daily Mail.
Brian Taylor, 75, was admitted to hospital after returning from a week's holiday at the Hotel Kalofer on Sunny Beach, Bulgaria.
Apple Inc. is partnering with Eli Lilly in a study to determine if data from the iPhone and Apple Watches can help detect early signs of dementia, CNBC business reported, quoted by BNR.
The two companies are working with Evidation health tech startup to find ways to detect early signs of dementia with the help of Apple's popular tech gadgets.
Scientists at the University of Bristol, England, have concluded that overweight and obesity increase the risk of cancer by at least 2 times, MedicalXpress reported.
Experts have identified what is the genes' activity in malignant tumor tissue in 8 cancers that have been linked to obesity, BTA reported.
Bulgarian law enforcement officers in the port city of Burgas seized nearly 76 kg of cocaine hidden among fruits coming from Ecuador via Italy, authorities said, Trend reports citing Xinhua.
The illicit drug was found in a warehouse, packed in four boxes, the Ministry of Interior and national Prosecutor's Office said in a joint statement.
New cases of lyme disease and marseilles fever are registered in the area. Patients are from the municipalities of Elena and Veliko Tarnovo and were admitted in the period from 5th to 11th August. This was reported by Radio "Focus" - Veliko Tarnovo, referring to the information from the Regional Health Inspectorate. Both are being treated in hospitals.
The first case of West Nile fever in Bulgaria this year was reported in Montana. A 60-year-old woman with brain inflammation fell ill. The information was confirmed to the Bulgarian National Television by Prof. Dr. Todor Kantardzhiev, Director of the National Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases.