Search inside infoBalkans.com
Latest activity in Balkans
Turkeyâs 11th President Abdullah GÃ¼l has told his close circle that he is ready to testify in an old corruption case from the 1990s in the upcoming weeks, HÃ¼rriyet columnist Taha Akyol reported on Aug. 30.
Citing a similar case of former French President Nicolas Sarkozy, GÃ¼l reportedly said the issue was âabout the rule of law.â
Iâve come to talk with you againâ¦ When Simon and Garfunkel wrote this song, I guess depression was not so common.
Istanbul may not sound like the likeliest place a Scottish woman and an Irishman to tie the knot in. Having previously lived in Turkeyâs capital Ankara, before moving to their current home in Dubai, Stephanie and Henry chose Istanbul for their wedding celebration because âthey had fallen in love with Turkey.â
Neither the balcony speech of 2007 nor 2010... Nor the speech given after the presidential election, which sounded unplanned... It was the other day, when I heard a straight remark coming from President Recep Tayyip ErdoÄan for the first time.
Host Spain and titleholder the United States are among the favorites for the 2014 Basketball World Cup title, while Turkey is also hopeful The 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup starts on Aug. 30 with host Spain planning to dethrone the United States, and Turkey hoping to make a good impact away from home.
Over the past few days I am sure youâve seen in many newspapers, including daily Hurriyet, about the results of the new Transition from Primary to Secondary Education (TEOG) exams.
- Man Shot Dead in Woods in Northern Kosovo
- French Citizen, Wife, Arrested After Demanding Clarity on KTB Deposits
- Samaras, Moscovici meet in Athens
- Botched steroid deal led to Mani murders
- M3 Communications Group Wins Prizes For Best PR Agency In Europe
- Montenegro Prosecutor Demands Sex Claim Newspaper Ban
- KTB 'Holds 90%' of Bulgarian Defense Industry Assets -Former DefMin
- Ex-British MP Mensch labels Greece 'racist' over ADL poll results
- Israel, Palestinians renew truce but see risk of more Gaza violence
- More Serbs join pro-Russian forces in Ukraine
- Beşiktaş to duel with Arsenal for place in Champions League group stage
- Ranieri brings in new faces for his first Greece squad
- Milan Court Upholds 20-Year Jail Term for Alleged Bulgarian Drug Lord
- Bulgarian Student Killed In Hit And Run In North Carolina
- External trade up 4.5 percent