OpenCalais Metadata: Ticker

OpenCalais Metadata: LegalName

Turkey's Automobile Joint Venture Group Inc

Electric vehicle sales expected to almost double this year

The size of Türkiye's electric car market is expected to nearly double this year as sales are forecast to reach 120,000 units.

Last year, 72,179 EVs were sold in the country, pointing to an 833 percent increase from 2022, which made Türkiye the fastest-growing EV market in Europe. In terms of the number of EV sales, Türkiye ranked 8th in Europe.

Auto sales reach record 1.23 million last year

Türkiye's auto market expanded more than 57 percent last year from 2022, with passenger cars and light commercial vehicle sales hitting an all-time high of 1.23 million.

From January to December 2023, a total of 967,342 passenger cars were sold in Türkiye, marking a robust 63.2 percent increase from the previous year.

Togg to produce 1 mln vehicles by 2032: Minister

Türkiye's first electric carmaker Togg will produce a total of 1 million vehicles by 2032, Industry and Technology Minister Fatih Kacır has said.

Some 97 percent of those vehicles will be sold to consumers while the public institutions will buy the remaining 3 percent, the minister told a group of journalists.

Togg market leader in C-SUV segment

Togg, Türkiye's first indigenous electric car maker, sold 808 T10X model vehicles as of the end of June, making the company the market leader in the electric C-SUV segment.

The company delivered 808 vehicles in May and June and captured a share of 28.9 percent in the local C-SUV market.

Togg's T10X model's share in the overall SUV market was 15 percent.