Your News monitor and Travel advisor to the Balkans
Search inside infoBalkans.com
Latest activity in Balkans
A 43-year-old foreign national charged with raping a 13-year-old Belgian girl last summer was remanded in custody Tuesday in the town of Hania on the island of Crete pending his trial.
The suspect, a resident of Hania for the last 13 years, denied raping the girl, who was on holiday with her family.
Police in Thessaloniki on Tuesday detained a 57-year-old Albanian national believed to be a leading member of an international racket that has been smuggling large quantities of drugs into Greece.
According to investigators, the suspect was taking delivery of cocaine and overseeing its distribution across the country but chiefly in and around the Thessaloniki area.
The Attica Zoological Park at Spata, west of Athens, has accused its critics of "hypocrisy" over the fatal shooting of two rare jaguars that escaped from their enclosure in November.
The incident, which was announced on Saturday, triggered criticism of the zoo by the Panhellenic Animal Welfare and Environmental Federation and Giorgos Amyras, a lawmaker for To Potami.
- FYROM moves closer to making Albanian official language
- "Confidential report: Albanians testify about organ trade"
- Papoulias hopes successor will be elected next year
- Miss Greece poses in national costume
- "5 of Europe's 10 most polluted cities are in Balkans"
- If a monkey takes a selfie with your camera… PETA may sue you! (pics)
- Ex-PM Ciolos: We have our party, PLUS, we withdraw Romania Together Movement
- Serbia opens consulate in Los Angeles
- Turkish airspace violations in Aegean seen as response to Mitchell comments
- 33rd "Posada" Mountain Huntsmen Battalion leaves on new mission in Afghanistan