Your News monitor and Travel advisor to the Balkans
Search inside infoBalkans.com
Latest activity in Balkans
Greek banks are increasing their efforts to combat the phenomenon of strategic defaulters, proceeding with the auction of all properties whose owners will not cooperate with lenders as regards the settlement of their debts. Banks are also trying to make residential property auctions more attractive to investors.
Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras and New Democracy leader Kyriakos Mitsotakis clashed in Parliament on Tuesday ahead of a vote to revoke planned budget cuts that had been slated for January, trading barbs on economic policy as well as Greece's contentious name deal with the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM).
The European Union is confronted with a major crisis. The European project that consolidated peace and affluence in Western Europe in the decades following the Second World War is now coming under increasing pressure, while its significance is being seriously questioned with the rise of populist movements.
Greek businessmen and Chinese scholars voiced confidence in the prospects of Sino-Greek cooperation in the context of the Belt and Road Initiative during a forum held on Monday at Piraeus port, Greece's largest harbor which in recent years has become a strong symbol of win-win bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
A crew member of the Hellenic Navy's missile boat Troupakis was lightly injured on Tuesday morning during a naval surface fire support exercise, the Hellenic Navy General Staff said.
The HNGS said the accident was caused by a malfunction of the OTO Melara 76 mm naval gun system.
The vessel was heading to Salamina naval station for inspection, it added.
- 90s hot Greek babes (warning: enter at own peril!)
- "5 of Europe's 10 most polluted cities are in Balkans"
- Dacic: IPAP, step forward in Serbia-NATO relations
- Romania's trade balance deficit widens by 1.62 billion euro, Jan.-Oct., 2018
- Most Balkan States Adopt UN Migration Pact
- Pope targeted by explicit protest on St Peter's square
- Alcohol sales banned at Dilek Peninsula National Park
- Albanian parliament vice-speaker refers to … Chams — Irredentism making a comeback?
- European Solidarity Corps: from Pilot Project to Reality
- Raskovic-Ivic: We expect to make it to parliament