Day 647 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Israel-Hamas Conflict Threatens to Overshadow the War
Day 647 of the invasion of Ukraine. Summary of key events in the last 24 hours:
- Zelensky with concerns: The war between Israel and Hamas threatens to overshadow the conflict in Ukraine
- Zelensky: Ukraine has entered a "new phase" of the war with Russia
- Ukraine needs more aid by the end of the month, a White House spokesman said
- Control over a destroyed city in eastern Ukraine is unclear
- Russian President Putin signs new decree to boost troop numbers
Zelensky with concerns: The war between Israel and Hamas threatens to overshadow the conflict in Ukraine
Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky has expressed concern that the war between Israel and Hamas threatens to overshadow the conflict in Ukraine as competing political agendas and limited resources put the flow of Western military aid to Kyiv at risk.
In an interview with the Associated Press, he stated that the war with Russia is in a new phase, and that he expects the winter to complicate the fighting.
According to him, changes in the Ukrainian mobilization system for the front are imperative.
"Everyone in Ukraine realizes that changes in this area are imperative. It's not just a matter of numbers, of who can be mobilized. It's a matter of time frame for everyone who is currently in the army, because of demobilization and for those who will join the army. It's also about the conditions," said Zelensky.
Zelensky: Ukraine has entered a "new phase" of the war with Russia
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has said the war with Russia is in a new stage, with winter expected to...