Day 652 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Republicans in US Senate Blocked Billions in Aid to Kyiv
Day 652 of the invasion of Ukraine. Summary of key events in the last 24 hours:
- One person was killed in Ukraine in Russian airstrikes on grain infrastructure along the Danube in Odesa Oblast
- Republicans in the US Senate have blocked billions in aid to Kyiv
- Zelensky seeks a meeting with Orban over Ukraine's EU membership
- Presidential elections in Russia were scheduled for March 17
- Putin and Mohammed bin Salman discussed cooperation within the framework of OPEC+
- The traitor of Ukraine Illia Kyva was shot in the head near Moscow
- In Skopje, a ban is being prepared for the pro-Russian party, whose members killed a child
One person was killed in Ukraine in Russian airstrikes on grain infrastructure along the Danube in Odesa Oblast
One person was killed in Ukraine in Russian airstrikes on grain storage infrastructure near the Danube River in Odesa region overnight, Reuters reported, citing local authorities.
Oleg Kiper, the chairman of the Odesa regional military administration, reported that the drone attack in the southwestern Ukrainian region lasted for more than two hours. Most of the drones were shot down, but some managed to get past the anti-aircraft defenses, hitting a warehouse, granary and trucks. One driver was killed.
Ukraine's Danube ports have become a key route for grain exports since Russia blockaded the Black Sea following its full-scale invasion of the neighboring country in February last year. Moscow carried out a series of attacks on Ukrainian port infrastructure on the river in August and September after...