Day 406 of the Invasion of Ukraine: UN wants Access to Deported Ukrainian Children, a Bulgarian is Involved
Day 406 of the invasion of Ukraine. Summary of key events in the last 24 hours:
- Zelensky received Poland's highest state award
- Ukraine is preparing 40,000 military personnel for a counteroffensive
- Von der Leyen and Macron discuss the conflict in Ukraine in Beijing
- Volodymyr Zelensky arrived in Poland
- Polish farmers threaten to "ruin" Zelensky's visit because of the grain dispute
- German economy minister wants sanctions for countries using Russian nuclear fuel
- The UN wants access to deported Ukrainian children, a Bulgarian woman will monitor the situation in Russia
Zelensky received Poland's highest state award
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is on an official visit to Poland. He received the country's highest state award - the Order of the White Eagle.
Zelensky first met with Polish President Andrzej Duda, and then talks began with Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki. In addition to military, Kyiv will also seek economic support.
Zelensky will visit Ukrainians who fled the war in Poland. According to UN data, one million and 600 thousand Ukrainian citizens have found refuge in the country. Poland is also becoming an important logistical hub for the military aid that Ukraine receives from the West. Warsaw managed to convince Berlin to give Kyiv battle tanks "Leopard", further analysts remind. Zelensky is accompanied by his wife Olena.
Ukraine is preparing 40,000 military personnel for a counteroffensive
Ukraine is preparing 40,000 military personnel in eight brigades for a...