Day 392 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin and Xi reaffirmed the Principle that Nuclear War should Never Start
Day 392 of the invasion of Ukraine. Summary of key events in the last 24 hours:
- Putin and Xi reaffirmed the principle that nuclear war should never start
- Zelensky has offered China to support Kyiv's formula for peace in Ukraine
- The US does not believe that China can be a mediator in the Russia-Ukraine conflict
- Russia attacked again with Shahed drones, three dead and 7 wounded in Kyiv region
- The USA will send 31 tanks a year earlier
- To the horror of the Kremlin: London will Ukraine shells with depleted uranium
- London has defended its decision to send depleted uranium projectiles to Kyiv
- Ukraine receives the first ever IMF loan for a country at war
Putin and Xi reaffirmed the principle that nuclear war should never start
In a joint communique after official talks yesterday in the Kremlin, the leaders of Russia and China, Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping, reaffirmed the principle that there can be no winners in a nuclear war and it should never begin.
In a statement to the media after the talks, Vladimir Putin called Russian-Chinese relations "a model of comprehensive partnership and strategic interaction."
Putin supported the "Position of China on the Political Regulation of the Ukrainian Crisis" published in February.
"We believe that many of the provisions in the peace plan proposed by China correspond to the Russian approach and can be taken as the basis of the peace settlement when they are ready for it in the West and in Kyiv," Putin said, adding that so far there is no...